Thursday, February 24, 2011

Would you be willing to buy Mike a cup of coffee?

Would you be willing to buy Mike a cup of coffee?

My husband Mike is going to be volunteering on the Emmaus Medical Mission this fall. The mission will take a group of doctors, nurses and other volunteers to Mindo, Ecuador . Please follow this link and learn a little bit more about a previous trip made by the Emmaus Medical Mission Team:
http://www6.miami.edu/communications/homepage/mission/

I am so very proud of my husband and my hope is that he will return with a very clear understanding and appreciation of the gift with which he has been blessed. He has the gift of helping others through the combination of the compassion modeled for him by his beneficent Grandmother and his years of experience as a registered nurse. When I watch him lifting his elderly patients with quiet tenderness and firm resolve to do all he can to relieve their pain, my heart wants to burst with love and admiration for the wonderful man I am blessed to call my husband.

I have said this to ask, would you consider contributing to Mike’s mission trip? For the $3-$5 dollars that you would normally spend on your daily cup of coffee, you too can impact the lives of the many people they will serve in Ecuador. Of course, if you would like to donate more, we certainly welcome the contribution!

Today, our friend Rachel Crawford bought Mike his “first cup of coffee”!!! Her contribution was accompanied by a very precious note filled with words of encouragement as he prepares for this journey. Thank you, Rachel for believing whole heartedly that great things are going to happen!

If you would like to “Buy Mike a Cup of Coffee” in support of his participation for this mission trip, please contact me at olive13paloma@yahoo.com

Regardless of whether or not you “Buy Mike a Cup of Coffee”, we humbly ask for your prayers of protection over the entire team as they prepare to travel to Ecuador and touch the lives of others in the very sweet name of our Lord and Savior. May His good name and message be shared not only through words but through actions.

Our God is GOOD -- ALL THE TIME!

2 comments:

  1. CUZ KNOW THAT YOU MAKE OUR FAMILY PROUD. PEOPLE LIKE YOU DONT COME ALONG VERY OFTEN. YOU ARE THE DANIEL GARCIA OF YOUR FAMILY. SO VERY PROUD TO CALL YOU MY COUSIN. THE GARCIA OF WACO,TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my son and I am very proud of him.I wish him well and that he has a safe trip. Since I am not very good with words, know that I am proud. Let me know what I can do to help

    ReplyDelete