Monday, January 4, 2010

Containers

January 4, 2010

So I had this dream about containers! Containers of all kinds---they are everywhere. Think about it --little babies are born and immediately placed in containers. Car seats, cribs, playpens, wagons, etc. Then we start growing and we want new boxes to put stuff in and who can walk away from a basket without wondering what we can put in it? There are cool bags, purses, wallets, frames, refrigerators, houses, journals. Let's see what other containers can we think of? Socks contain feet, eye glasses contain lenses, noses contain snot, mouths contain teeth and tongue, bodies contain intestines (and other stuff), hearts contain love, lives contain value, words contain meaning, mistakes contain lessons---you get the point. I had a dream about containers and I just feel that we don't really appreciate containers. What do you contain? What do I contain? I need to know what I contain? Is what I am containing the real thing I'm supposed to contain or do I need to empty my container and refill it something more meaningful? How do I fill my container? I fill it with the things I eat, drink, read, hear, see, the things I expose myself to such as my environment and my friends. Are my contents determining what I believe and value or is what I believe and value determining what I choose to contain?

I must say I love containers because the sheer emptiness reminds me of the blessings that are sure to fill the vacuum. Of course, sometimes I fill things with the wrong stuff, but you can't throw out the container on account of that. Of course, if you use plastic the container may retain the smell or taste of the mistake or the item that stayed in there too long. Sometimes the item leaves a stain. But the stain doesn't render the container worthless, does it?

1 comment:

  1. I dream about containers too!!heheh jjk jk but did you know that you can cook things in a microwave?!?!?!?!?!?!?I knowww its ah-mazzingggggggggggggg:)

    ReplyDelete