Sunday, January 30, 2011

RAK Alert! It was Edward!

Random Act of Kindness (RAK) Alert! It was Edward!

Part of my challenge for 2011 was for me to be more aware of Random Acts of Kindness (RAK). In that spirit, I am sharing this particular story--My brother in law, Edward, recently shared that he had purchased $100 dollars worth of groceries for a family that lost their home and all their belongings in a house fire. I was very touched by that story for several reasons including the fact that he is a single parent that has had more than his share of hard times and troubles. Life has not been easy and sometimes his own choices have made things worse. But the thing that really came to mind was the knowledge that the teachings of our Grandma Grandma are really alive and well and growing through those she left behind. Grandma Grandma was one of the most charitable and kind people that I have ever met. Never could a person want or need something that she wouldn’t do everything in her power to help alleviate the pain. She was such a lovely example of sheer goodness and knowing that Edward continues to demonstrate the lessons she modeled makes me very proud. I love you Edward and I know that the family you helped appreciates you. May God bless you always, sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment