Thursday, January 13, 2011

Words for Friends: Jenny to Tammy

Words for Friends: From Jenny to Tammy

To my Tammy Friend; it’s a girl!!!

There was a point in my life when changes left me disappointed, empty, scared and without a firm belief in the goodness of people. I now realize that God was testing my faith and strength...for it was during that difficult period that Tammy walked into my life. She welcomed me with open arms and a healing heart. She was willing to give more than I could ever imagine! I have now learned that sometimes life can surprise you with the gift of a friendship like this one. At the beginning of our friendship, little did I know that her Mom, due to health issues, was slowly fading away. Tammy’s dedication, devotion, love and determination to care for her Mom before she passed away is what drew me to her. I remember thinking what a great daughter she was. She did it all, and I do mean all! It was through what I witnessed that I can assure you that she is a great daughter, sister, wife, friend and Mom to her only son, Nicholas. She has been a blessing beyond words.


Tammy never seems to be disturbed by being interrupted during her own tasks. She is loyal, cheerful, tender, loving, sweet, generous and kind; however, she is firm, direct, strong- willed and she always calls it like it is. I admire her honest ways. Much to my regret, there have been moments when I have not been available for her and for that I am sorry because she has always been there for me. I feel like I have let her down because I have but she is so special and forgiving, she always gets back to me saying, “You’re funny ". She is the kind of girl that you always want to hang out with so, we all wait patiently for her to say; “I am ready to party!” I will always wait for her call because to is too much fun to pass up.

We all dream of having a friend like Tammy. She always knows the right thing to say. Her ability to listen never ceases to amaze me; therefore, I end all of our conversations by saying, “I LOVE YOU MY FRIEND!” because I do.

I am aware of the meaningful difference that she has made in my life with all the little things that she does combined with her patience and understanding. I treasure all of our memories together and I value our friendship. She has become part of my family and I have to admit that whenever we have had an emergency this past year, the words of wisdom coming from my kids has been, “Call Tammy!"

She deserves only the best and I feel honored to be her friend. I love you, my Tammy friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment