Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Words for Friends: Jenny B.

Today I have Words for my Friend,Jenny in Boots! Jenny in Boots is Venezuelan and she has such an amicable and cheerful disposition. She greets everyone with open arms, a kiss on the cheek, and kind words. She makes me laugh because she calls every one ,”Honey” and although I usually dislike being called that , coming from her it just seems so genuine. Jenny is comfortable in her skin and doesn’t buy into what others think about her. She almost always wears her favorite brown UGG boots and has her beautiful, long, black mane in a ponytail.

Once, before I knew Jenny, I was witness to something that let me know that I wanted to be her friend. You see, at that time, which was about a year ago; Jenny had just been through a very painful divorce. She and I both have sons and they happened to be playing on the same basketball team. While at one of their games, her ex husband walked in with his new "friend". Being the first time she had to see them together, it was evident that it was excruciatingly painful for her yet she was so incredibly poised and kind to them! She answered his questions and maintained her lovely smile. When the ex and the friend walked away, I noticed Jenny exhale a deep breath and she once again turned her attention to her son. I could tell that breathing was hard for her but she never skipped a beat! I remember being so very proud of her that I couldn’t help but to go up to her and give her a great big hug!

Jenny has two incredible sons that absolutely adore her. They are her very existence and she has an unequivocal love for them. She does everything she can to make sure they have a wonderful, exciting, and secure childhood. Sometimes, when their pain overwhelms her, I see that she fights her tears by breaking out a huge, captivating smile for them. She is a fighter and her spunk level grows every day. She is also a thinker and when we talk I can tell that she has spent much of her time reflecting on where she is and where she knows she is going to be. She trusts God with all her heart and she knows that He has not abandoned her -- these hard times will soon come to pass. My life has been enriched by Jenny in Boots and I hope to agree with her in prayer for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment