Monday, January 3, 2011

Words for Friends: Rachel C.


In order to meet my own challenge for 2011, I am going to periodically write new posts that are centered on generosity, kindness or compassion. I am hoping that I keep my eyes open to seeing how these three themes honestly inform and better my life. For now, I am thinking that I need to be more generous with my words. My Words for Friends! Today, I have Words for Rachel, but if you would like me to have words for you, just let me know. Let me know in advance if you need me to change your name! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Words for Rachel C.: Everyone should have a Rachel in their life! Rachel is in her fifties, but she is so much fun. She has done so many intriguing things from being a missionary, to owning a 7/11, to locking herself in the bathroom just so she could read in peace. Rachel is always up for a new challenge. She cycles, she hikes, she travels, and she has a quiet yet fascinating husband who always buys her the most unique and beautiful gifts –such a grenade charm for her charm bracelet! Rachel has knack for choosing the best greeting cards! She always finds the cards that seem to speak in her voice. More importantly, Rachel has had enough life lessons to simply wave away thoughts of insecurity. While I was working on my dissertation, Rachel was excited for me EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY until I finished. She never let on that she was tired or bored with the topic. She taught me ways to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN! That’s how Rachel is; she never makes me feel like a loser. She exudes a sense of security with her being. She knows how to celebrate even the smallest accomplishments in life and she is forgiving enough to still be my friend even after the fiasco with Dorian who was supposed to just wax her upper lip!

(This picture is of Rachel and me just enjoying a silly moment at Nepenthe while the husbands go find us some wine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment